• Personal and Professional Life Coach, focused on helping people create what matters most—in life, work, relationships…—with whatever they have to start with.
• President of Summit Strategies, an organizational development firm specializing in strategic design and planning, team building, results creating, and follow-up coaching to help clients put learnings into practice, and create desired results.
Developed and ran Coach Training Programs for Peer Resources Institute
• Designed, developed and taught generic skill-based Personal Mastery programs to thousands of individuals and employees. And coached individuals in follow-up programs.
• Top Trainer for Robert Fritz Group. Ten-year associate of Robert Fritz, author of The Path of Least Resistance for Managers. Trained, coached, and consulted with a wide range of participants in, and subsequent to Fritz’s Technologies For Creating and Organizational Technologies For Creating workshops.
• Designed, developed, and ran Executive Seminars, a world class, adventure-based Professional and Executive Development program in the Canadian Rockies.
• Designed and implemented innovative supervisor and participant leadership programs for Environment Youth Corps, Ministry of Environment, BC.
• Founded and directed the Yamnuska Mountain School in Canmore, AB. Managed and directed (aka herding cats) twenty high-level mountain guides, Everest climbers and instructors.
• Member start-up team, Banff School of Environment.
• Faculty member, Environmental Decision-Making for Managers, at BSE.
• Founding associate of the Action Studies Institute, an innovative general systems approach to human development and leadership. Senior Associate for five years.
• Designed and developed National Wilderness Travel Leadership program for the Canadian Camping Association.
• Designed, developed and trained staff in innovative, personal and organizational leadership programs for NGOs such as SFU, Corrections Canada, Outward Bound, the YMCA, Alberta Recreation, BC Ministry of Environment.
• Faculty Associate/Instructor, Professional Development Program, Faculty of Education, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby
• Member, Faculty Team, SFU Summer Institute in Environment, Sechelt, BC
• Instructor, Teacher as Learner Program, Faculty of Education, U. of Calgary.
•Simplicity and Success: Creating the Life You Long For [Trafford, 2003]
• Emotional Mastery: Manage Your Moods and Create What Matters—With Whatever Life Gives You! Self-published eBook, 2006
• THRIVE! Creating What Matters Most In Challenging Times and Beyond, ebook
• The ABCs of Emotional Mastery, ebook
• Individual and the Environment, The Queen’s Quarterly, Fall 1977
• The Individual and The Environment, Journal of Experiential Education, Spring 1982
•Science, Self-Education and Personal Competence, Briefing paper for Faculty of Education publication, Simon Fraser University, 1978
• Self-Leadership: Skills and Strategies for Managing Change in Tough Times, Workbook and Briefing paper for Alberta Recreation Leadership program, January, 1986
• Numerous papers and materials for Personal/ Organizational Mastery workshops .
• 1986 to present: Writer, Coach, Consultant, and principal of Bruce Elkin Life Design Coaching
• 1985/86: Director, Executive Challenge program, One Step Beyond Consulting Group, Canmore, Alberta
• 1980 to 1985: Executive Director, Yamnuska Mountain School and Leadership Program, Canmore, Alberta
• 1978-1980: Faculty Associate/Instructor, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC
• 1975 to 1978: Senior Associate, Action Studies Institute, Calgary
• 1975 to 1977: Consultant and Adjunct Faculty Member, Banff School of Resource Management, The Banff Centre, Banff
• 1965 to 1975:
* Co-Director, Leadership Training Program, Rocky Mountain YMCA
• Teacher/Learning Coach, Edmonton, Calgary and Rockyview County, Alberta school systems.
• Probation Officer and Court Counselor, Family Court, Edmonton
• Extensive post-grad training in structural dynamics and coaching with Robert Fritz, author of The Path of Least Resistance, Creating, and Identity, including Structural Consulting, Advanced
• Masters of Education, Faculty of Education, University of Calgary
• Masters of Environmental Design Program, University of Calgary. Completed one year.
• Bachelor of Education with Distinction, University of Alberta, 1969.
• Bachelor of Arts, University of Alberta, 1965.