Summary Of Professional Experience
• Owner, Bruce Elkin Coaching. Life Design coaching focused on helping people create what matters most—in life, work, business, health and relationships—with whatever they have to start with.
• Founder of Summit Strategies, an organizational development firm specializing in strategic design and planning, and follow-up coaching to help clients follow through to completed, high-level results.
• Developed and ran Coach Training Programs for Peer Resources Institute.
• Nine-year student/associate of Robert Fritz, author of The Path of Least Resistance, and developer of Structural Dynamics Coaching and Consulting.
• Trained, coached, and consulted with a wide range of participants in, and subsequent to leading Fritz’s Technologies For Creating and Organizational Technologies For Creating workshops. Wrote briefing notes for Peter Senge’s Fifth Discipline Fieldbook.
• Principal: Uncommon Sense Coaching and Summit Strategies Consulting: Designed, developed and taught generic skill-based Personal Mastery programs to thousands of individuals and employees. Coached individuals in follow-up programs.
• Faculty Associate/Instructor, Professional Development Program, Faculty of Education, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby
• Nine years post-grad training in Structural Dynamics coaching and consulting with Robert Fritz, author of The Path of Least Resistance, Creating, and Identity.
• Masters of Education, Faculty of Education, University of Calgary
• Masters of Environmental Design Program, University of Calgary. Completed one year.
• Bachelor of Education with Distinction, University of Alberta, 1969.
• Bachelor of Arts, University of Alberta, 1965.
•Simplicity and Success: Creating the Life You Long For [Trafford, 2003]
• THRIVE! Creating What Matters Most In Challenging Times and Beyond, ebook
• The ABCs of Emotional Mastery, ebook
• Emotional Mastery: Manage Your Moods and Create What Matters—With Whatever Life Gives You! Self-published eBook, 2006
• The Individual and The Environment, Journal of Experiential Education, Spring 1982
• Science, Self-Education and Personal Competence, Briefing paper for Faculty of Education publication, Simon Fraser University, 1978
• Self-Leadership: Skills and Strategies for Managing Change in Tough Times, Workbook and Briefing paper for Alberta Recreation Leadership program, January, 1986
• More recent writings can be found on my Life Design Coaching blog.