Simplicity And Success: Creating the Life You Long For
“Find something you really care about—and live a life that shows it.”— Kate Wolf, Singer Songwriter
Simplicity and Success is an easy-reading, Life Design handbook book that can help you create a simple, successful, and richly rewarding life and/or work .
Simplicity and Success clearly outlines skills, stories and simple yet powerful organizing framework can help you simplify life — and create what most matters.
It can help you slow down, relax, and reflect on how you most want to live and work—and relate to the natural world from which all material and spiritual wealth arise.
And it can show you how the bring into being the life and work you long for—easily, efficiently and enjoyably.
“Bruce Elkin does a great job showing that voluntary simplicity doesn’t mean doing without. Rather, simple living is about fine-tuning your life to achieve your most important dreams.”Janet Luhrs Seattle, WA, Author, The Simple Living Guide
“I found your book through a friend, and I think it might actually be the most important book that I’ve read in my whole life. And I’ve read hundreds of success, self-help, motivation, minimalism and business books. Yours is the most useful I’ve read!”Aaron Guner, Entrepreneur, Turkey
Life Design —
Deliberate Organization of Life For A Purpose
“[S]implicity means singleness of purpose, sincerity, and honesty within, as well as avoidance of exterior clutter . . . an ordering and guiding of energy and our desires . . . a deliberate organization of life for a purpose.”Richard Gregg, “Voluntary Simplicity”
My Life Design Coaching goes beyond mere decluttering or short-term minimalism.
It can help you:
- Clarify what you most want to create in life and work.
- Craft clear, compelling visions of desired results
- Ground vision in an objective assessment of current reality, i.e. where you’re starting from, and what you have to work with
- Use the energy—creative tension—that arises out of gap between vision and reality to take action to bring your vision into being
- Develop mastery, competence and authentic as you go
- Celebrate and enjoy your success—and the freedom it gives you.
In the end, you’ll be clutter free — and have created what you truly want!
To read why Simplicity and Success differs from other simplicity or success books—and view the Table of Contents—check out The Simplicity Difference.
“Bruce’s approach to integrating simple living and success is exciting and challenging. His life changing book helps you discover what you love and create a life that shows it.”Wanda Urbanska,
PBS Host for “Simple Living with Wanda Urbanska“
Simplicity and Success: Table of Contents
Introduction: A Personal Odyssey
- Chapter 1: Solving Problems? Or Creating What Matters?
- Chapter 2: The Simplicity on This Side of Complexity
- Chapter 3: The Simplicity on the Other Side of Complexity
- Chapter 4: Embracing Complexity; Creating Voluntary Simplicity
- Chapter 5: The Problem with Problem-Solving
- Chapter 6: Creativity? Or Creating Results?
- Chapter 7: The Structure of Creating
- Chapter 8: Driven By Vision
- Chapter 9: Grounding Vision in Current Reality
- Chapter 10: Creative Tension: The Engine of Creativity
- Chapter 11: Choice in the Creative Process
- Chapter 12: Action Steps: The Art and Craft of Creating
- Chapter 13: The Practice of Building Momentum
- Chapter 14: Commitment and Completion